I have been on a search for healthy meat and veggie recipes as I am trying to cut down the amount of bread and pasta we eat. This is only relevant to the hubs and I, when the baby demands pizza, she gets pizza. I know this isn’t great but if it’s either pizza or nothing, I let her have the pizza.
So last week I decided to make squash soup.
- 3-4 medium squash
- 2 limes
- 1 Onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup of home-made or store-bought chicken broth
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 1/2 cup of corn
- Cut and sauté the onion and garlic until golden brown (I used coconut oil).
- Cut the squash into small pieces and sauté with the onions and garlic mix.
- Let it cool
- Place the veggie mix in a blender and add the broth, mix well.
- Pour the veggie mix into a pot and add all other ingredients.
- Upon serving squeeze limes.
The recipe is so simple and the taste is spot on, where I failed was in the texture and presentation departments. The yogurt curdled and although the soup looked a little unappetizing, it was so tasty.
Do you guys have any tips on how to incorporate yogurt into soups without the added pleasure of curdling? Write me in the comments to let me know.
To be fair, this was my first ever attempt at making squash soup and first ever attempt at making soup using yogurt.